Strawberry Swirl Cake
PREP TIME: 35 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 45 MIN | MAKES: 16 SERVINGS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3oz.) strawberry-flavoured gelatin
- 2/3 cup BREAKSTONE’S Sour Cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cup fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 (8- or 9-inch) round pans. Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Pour half the batter into medium bowl. Add dry gelatin mix; stir until blended.
- Spoon half each of the white and pink batters, side by side, into each prepared pan; swirl gently with spoon.
- Bake 30 min. or until toothpick inserted into centers of cakes comes out clean. Cool 15 min. Remove cake layers from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Mix sour cream and sugar in medium bowl until blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Stack cake layers on plate, filling layers with 1 cup of the whipped topping mixture.
- Frost top and side with remaining whipped topping mixture.
- Top with strawberries just before serving.
(Per Serving) 180 calories, 8g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 5mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate, less than 1g dietary fiber, 19g sugars, 2g protein, 2%DV vitamin A, 8%DV vitamin C, 2%DV calcium, 8%DV iron.
*Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.